Wednesday, June 17, 2015

America's best hot dog joints!

Everyone knows that the best hot dogs in the galaxy are Galactic Hot Dogs. Obviously. But what if you're not cruising intergalactic space like me and my buddies? Where can you find a way-delicious, mega-awesome hot dog in the good old USA? Well, I scoured the internet to find the best of the best for you because that's the kind of awesome space kid I am. Check these places out:

Natedogs | Minneapolis, MN

This guy, Nate, seems to love hot dogs almost as much as me. Bonus points: He makes his own mustard, just like us! Nate's favorite wiener toppings are caramelized onions and his own honey-spiced mustard. That sounds pretty frappin' spectacular. He takes pretty fancy pics of his hot dogs, too. Those are some gourmet hot dogs, right there:

(via Natedogs.com)


Old-school, not fancy, just yummy hot dogs. Grab a dog, some crinkle-cut french fries, and a real lemonade and dig into some deliciousness. I hear the chili cheese dogs are ridonkulous.

(via MidtownLunch's flickr)

Monster Dogs | Seattle, WA

Cream cheese and onions on a wiener? Apparently that's how they dig their dogs in Seattle. Okay, I'm game! But BBQ sauce and hot mustard sounds pretty tasty, too.

(via Facebook)

Good Dog | Houston, TX

They make their own dogs and have a gazillion hot dog toppings to choose from. Humphree likes the sound of the Chillin' Dog: beef & chorizo chili, pickled jalapeños, diced onion, and short bus mustard. I think Humps thinks a bus is included? I don't know. The Princess is drooling over the Sunshine Dog: pickled red onions, fresh dill relish, cream cheese, and mayonnaise. I'll take six of those, thanks.

(via Facebook)

Griddler's | Boston, MA

I guess this place is known for its burgers, but I read that the hot dogs are delish. I wanna try a G Dog: a quarter-pound all-beef frank inside a toasted bun, loaded with chipotle beef chili, cheese sauce, and jalapeños. Yummy in this space kid's tummy.

(via Zagat)


Asia Dog | NYC

I know, I know, I already have an NYC hot dog joint. But come on, the city is enormous. So many great places to get a wiener! This Asia Dog place serves up beef, chicken, or veggie dogs and has all sorts of wacko topping choices. Think Japanese curry and homemade kimchi apples, or spicy ketchup, jalapeño mustard, and crushed salt and pepper potato chips. Whoa.


(via Facebook)

Pink's | Los Angeles, CA

Apparently famous people in the USA looooove Pink's. Even Darth Vader. Okay, the famous dude who is the voice of Darth Vader. Still cool. The nacho cheese chili dog sounds amazing. Pink's has a super-secret chili recipe that people go nutso over. Bring it on!

(via pinkshollywood.com)

Ted's | Buffalo, NY

I heard this place is an institution in the Buffalo area. You can have Ted's secret recipe hot-sauce on your foot-long, char-broiled dog, or go old-school with mustard, ketchup, onions, and a dill pickle.
And I guess you have to try the Loganberry pop, because that's their special soda around there. Mmmmmmmm.

(via tedshotdogs.com)

Gene & Jude's | Chicago-ish, IL

This place was named the #1 hot dog in America. So guess where me, Dags, and Humphree are headed to the next time we're back on Earth? I think I'll go with the original Chicago-style hot dog, thanks. Make that two. Or ten.

(via geneandjudes.com)

So what you you guys think? If you love hot dogs in any way, shape, or form, click the "way cool" button below!

I'll see you guys here Friday -- I'm now inspired to concoct a new hot dog topping for the Neon Wiener's menu!

May the hot dog be with you,
Cosmoe