Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My way-cool interview with Max, the author of my book!

You guys! I’m so excited about today's blog post. I just did this amazingly rad interview with Max Brallier, the author who wrote my first book, Cosmoe’s Wiener Getaway! As you know, you can read it for free online. And on May 5, the print version will be out in bookstores!

Max is pretty awesome. I’m not just saying that because he thought I was cool enough to write a book about, I swear. And he gave me so much info in my super-exclusive interview with him that I’m going to do part one of it today and part two on Thursday.

All right, here we go. Meet Max Brallier!

Max Brallier, author of Galactic Hot Dogs: Cosmoe's Wiener Getaway
This is Max. He's awesome.
ME: Okay, let’s start off with a really official-type question. Why did you become an author? Did you always want to do what you're doing, or when you were a kid, did you want to be something else?

MAX: Well, when I was 6, I wanted to play outfield for the Pittsburgh Pirates. When I was 7, I wanted to be the dude that gets paid to design Lego spaceship kits.  When I was 10, I wanted to be an illustrator for Image Comics. When I was 12, I wanted to be a movie critic but just for action movies. When I was 13, I wanted to design video games. When I was 14, I wanted to be a writer and that one stuck.  

ME: Dude! I want to design video games, and I’m 13! Sweet. Okay, tell me this: What's something funny or unique that not a lot of people know about you?

MAX: I have a tattoo of the James Bond logo on my ankle. I refuse to eat green foods (not counting green peanut M&Ms — I eat too many of those). In 1995, I was the country’s youngest professional movie critic (for real). 

ME: Green foods are the worst. I don’t go near them.

MAX: Exactly.

ME: Next question: You just got your own spaceship. What would you name it and what cool features would it have?

Galactic Hot Dogs: Cosmoe's Wiener Getaway
This is Max's awesome book.
Not that I'm biased or anything.
MAX: The Millennium Pigeon. It would be a real hunk-of-junk but, boy, she’d be sweet in a pinch. It’d have a big room in the back where all my friends and I could hang out while the ship’s on auto-pilot. There would be a film projector on the outside so we could watch movies on the sides of moons. 

ME: Ooooh, I wonder if F.R.E.D. could trick out the Neon Wiener so we could do that movie thing… Okay, last question for today: What’s the best advice you have for a Galactic Hot Dogs fan? You know, an Earth kid like me?

MAX: Play as much flashlight tag as you can. Watch weird movies. If you have a bike, ride it and ride it and ride it. And keep a journal!

Thanks, Max! That was super cool.

Be sure to come back on Thursday for part two of the interview. You’ll find out what Max’s favorite movies are, the weird-ish hot dog topping he digs, and more!

Later gators,
Cosmoe