Monday, February 2, 2015

Yikes! How will we escape the Royal Armada?

Hey, you guys! How was your weekend? We had a pretty successful couple of days selling hot dogs on Space Port Funketoun. We even got to see a movie at a drive-through theater built especially for space ships. The screen was ginormous! Totally wicked.

So, let’s continue our reading marathon! In the last chapter, the Princess showed Humps and me that she can kick some Jack butt, which was pretty insane. Didn’t see that coming, right? The three of us ka-blammoed the Jacks who invaded the Neon Wiener — but then were confronted by the entire Royal Armada!

What happens next? Check out Chapter 4: Life is an Interstellar Highway to find out! Will my crazy plan work? Will the Princess annoy the smudge out of me? And what’s the Queen going to do to us?


Today for your behind-the-scenes peek at Galactic Hot Dogs, I’m going to show you some early sketches from the book. Check these out:

It’s the Neon Wiener!
BAM! The Princess blasts some Jacks.
Group shot: Off to fight some space jerks and save the galaxy!

It takes a long time to get the illustrations for a book perfect, you know? And it definitely takes time to get my awesomely funky hair right.

Okay, back to work for me. I’ll see you guys here tomorrow. And I hope all you Poptropicans are digging Galactic Hot Dogs Island. If you haven’t checked it out yet, go here to play!

See ya tomorrow,
Cosmoe